The 23rd Annual Tech Conference for Good Kicks Off Today-and It's Free to Attend
CHARLESTON, S.C., Oct. 18, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Blackbaud (NASDAQ: BLKB), the world's leading cloud software company powering social good, has kicked off its 23rd annual tech conference for good as company leaders, celebrity speakers, product experts and social good organisations take the online stage at bbcon 2022 Virtual.
The conference is designed to make social good practitioners, their teams and their organisations stronger and more resilient, so they can make the greatest impact possible for their missions. Participants can join virtually from anywhere in the world to get inspired, learn from experts and build their network by registering for free at bbconference.com.
"Blackbaud software is powering millions of users across more than 100 countries to unleash impact that spans the planet," said Catherine LaCour, chief marketing officer, Blackbaud. "bbcon provides an opportunity every year for us to connect with the customers who are driving this impact every day, and to bring them inspiration and innovation that will help them accomplish even more. We are so excited for what's in store this year."
Monday, Oct. 17 (U.S. Eastern Time):
- Blackbaud CEO Mike Gianoni and Catherine LaCour will kick off the conference, giving an overview of Blackbaud's impact and commitments to the social good community.
- Kevin McDearis, chief technology officer, and Sudip Datta, chief product officer, will share tech highlights and progress across Blackbaud's product portfolio.
- Glennon Doyle, New York Times bestselling author, activist and podcast host, will join the mainstage to discuss why showing up for yourself might be the most important thing you can do for your organisation and its mission.
Tuesday, Oct. 18 (U.S. Eastern Time):
- Simu Liu, actor, writer, and one of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People, will engage in an inspiring conversation on strength, resilience, representation and creating your own passion-centered path, personally, professionally and within your organisation.
Blackbaud's products are built specifically for social good organisations to help them raise more revenue, track and report engagement more efficiently, connect across their organisations, deliver grants effectively, create exceptional experiences for their community and more. At bbcon, Blackbaud will highlight innovation across its portfolio, including the following enhancements:
Maximising Team Productivity
- Blackbaud ID: Blackbaud ID has been standardised for identity management across all Blackbaud solutions, with an 87% increase in usage over the last year. Users benefit from a common login and consistent navigation to access Blackbaud solutions, as well as a new centralised account management experience.
Moving Audiences to Act
- Giving Forms: In the coming year, Blackbaud will launch new digital giving capabilities to help organisations raise more money while delivering a better giving experience. This includes new, revenue-optimised giving forms to help grow both the size and quantity of gifts.
- Payment Preferences: Research shows that supporters are more likely to donate if they can use their preferred choice of payment method. Blackbaud is expanding access to PayPal as a payment method across Europe, Canada and Australia. Work is also underway to offer cryptocurrency support within the JustGiving platform. Along with these expanded payment methods, Blackbaud will be simplifying payment services offers and rates.
In addition to these many product enhancements, Blackbaud continues to support startup founders through its Social Good Startup Program. The company is working with nearly 40 different startups-focused on areas like cryptocurrency, blockchain, artificial intelligence and planned giving-to create new solutions for the problems that matter to the social good community.
Blackbaud will share a deeper dive on specific product innovations announced at bbcon in the Blackbaud Product Update Briefings, immediately following bbcon.
New Research from Blackbaud
This week, Blackbaud will unveil new research on fundraising. Over the past year, Blackbaud surveyed Australia and New Zealand professionals across the charitable giving space to ask how they've adjusted in a time of changing geopolitical and economic influences. This survey resulted in the Status of ANZ Fundraising Report, which articulates key findings on the resilience and innovation charities have adopted.
Within the last year, Australia and New Zealand-based organisations have shown strength despite years of exceptional challenges, with 33% of respondents exceeding fundraising targets and 31% reporting income growth.
The full report, which covers income trends and fundraising targets, digital transformation and collaboration, sources of giving and more, will be available later this week.
It's not too late to register. View the full list of bbcon and Product Update Briefing sessions at www.bbconference.com. On-demand access to content will be available 24-hours after the original broadcast. The platform will close 9 Dec (U.S. Eastern Time).
Blackbaud (NASDAQ: BLKB) is the world's leading cloud software company powering social good. Serving the entire social good community-nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organisations, faith communities, arts and cultural organisations, foundations, companies and individual change agents-Blackbaud connects and empowers organisations to increase their impact through cloud software, services, expertise and data intelligence. The Blackbaud portfolio is tailored to the unique needs of vertical markets, with solutions for fundraising and CRM, marketing, advocacy, peer-to-peer fundraising, corporate social responsibility (CSR) and environmental, social and governance (ESG), school management, ticketing, grantmaking, financial management, payment processing and analytics. Serving the industry for more than four decades, Blackbaud is a remote-first company headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with operations in the United States, Australia, Canada, Costa Rica and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.blackbaud.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook.
Except for historical information, all of the statements, expectations, and assumptions contained in this news release are forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties, including statements regarding expected benefits of products and product features. Although Blackbaud attempts to be accurate in making these forward-looking statements, it is possible that future circumstances might differ from the assumptions on which such statements are based. In addition, other important factors that could cause results to differ materially include the following: general economic risks; uncertainty regarding increased business and renewals from existing customers; continued success in sales growth; management of integration of acquired companies and other risks associated with acquisitions; risks associated with successful implementation of multiple integrated software products; the ability to attract and retain key personnel; risks associated with management of growth; lengthy sales and implementation cycles, particularly in larger organisation; technological changes that make our products and services less competitive; and the other risk factors set forth from time to time in the SEC filings for Blackbaud, copies of which are available free of charge at the SEC's website at www.sec.gov or upon request from Blackbaud's investor relations department. All Blackbaud product names appearing herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blackbaud, Inc.
SOURCE Blackbaud, Inc.